Free 15 minute telephone appointment to discuss your needs and
answer any questions you might have.
Julie Marie Bowen - Trainee EMDR Consultant. Accredited Practitioner with EMDR UK & Europe. Accredited member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) following their code of ethics. I was working in the NHS prior to starting Private Practice in 2013.
I specialise in working with individuals aged 17 plus who are suffering with trauma, PTSD, (Post-traumatic stress disorder), abuse, sexual assault, anxiety disorders, depression, relationship and behavioural difficulties and a range of other problems.
I have monthly supervision and continuing professional development as part of the requirement for safe practice.
Additional therapies offered Kundalini Reiki healing, Reiki attunements and PEMF (Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields) therapy for those who might be suffering with low energy, pain or other aliments acute or chronic. PEMF has many benefits, please see Reiki and PEMF for further details.
Having been extremely successful in helping people overcome their difficulties since 2008. Being a therapist is my life purpose helping and supporting people in their recovery.
I understand how anxiety provoking and challenging it is starting therapy, but also how empowering the journey of self discovery can be. I have been through tough times myself so know how effective therapy is with the right therapist. That's where the name Freedom Within came from, it's how I felt overcoming my difficulties.
Qualifications and Training
- Certificate Part 1, 2 & 3 of EMDR Therapy - EMDR Europe
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision - Lindum College
- Certificate in Flash Technique
- Certificate in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling - Middlesex University
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills - University of East Anglia
- Certificate in Mindfulness - University of East Anglia
- Certificate in Motivational Interviewing - University of East Anglia
- Emotional Regulation Toolkit
- Embodying the Unspoken Self: Working with Implicit Communication and the Body in Complex Trauma
- EMDR Therapy for Suicidal clients and Self-harming behaviours
- Certificate in Anger and Self Management - NCN Mind Psychological Therapy Service
- Kundalini Reiki Master Level 3
- Certified PEMF Expert - Swiss Bionic Solutions
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Diploma
£75.00 per 50 minute session of EMDR Therapy and £65.00 for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
EMDR Supervision £50.00.
PEMF Therapy or Kundalini Reiki fees 30 minutes £35.00 or 1 hour £65.00.
Face to face sessions or online video appointments via Bilateral Base.
Meditation Classes available online or face to face, please enquire for dates.
Free parking available at NR8 and on a bus route from the city centre to Westend Old Costessey.